Blackrock Search Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of its candidates, clients and users of its website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 we must comply with certain requirements which are designed to ensure that you know exactly what’s happening with your data. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience and will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or other websites portals is used solely for the purposes set out in this policy.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in this Policy please do not submit any personal data to us.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Blackrock Search Ltd may collect data about you; both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV such as details of criminal convictions, proof of right to work information and credit file information (where relevant) and ethnic origin.
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide recruitment services to you
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts
- To match your details with job vacancies; to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information on occasions) to clients in order to be considered for jobs
- To advise you of news and industry updates and events, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- Where you are registered as a candidate on our database in the UK your personal information may be accessible by, transferred or duplicated to any of our offices in the UK wherever they are based to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development. Blackrock Search Ltd places equal importance to the security of data held and processed across its entire network
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested; such as reference checking, criminal reference checking services (as required) and psychometric or skills testing. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Blackrock Search Ltd
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us; such as professional financial advisors and suppliers of IT and business technology systems, research, CRM Hosts. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Blackrock Search Ltd
- If Blackrock Search Ltd merges with or is acquired by another business or company we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and, if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so. We will disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above
Blackrock Search Ltd may periodically send e mail alerts of new job roles to existing candidates to inform them of potential opportunities and/or industry updates. If you don’t wish to receive these updates you may request that they are halted and for personal data held on you to be deleted
The duration for which your information is held
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
Curriculum Vitae (“CV”)
You have the option of submitting your CV via our website, by applying to jobs advertised on 3rd party web sites or by providing your CV to one of our consultants via email. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration for future positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in Blackrock Search Ltd.’s CRM system and will be accessible by Blackrock Search Ltd recruitment consultants in the UK. Blackrock Search Ltd.’s recruitment database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in any location.
We use all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. You can update your CV at any time simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV at which point your old CV will automatically be archived and the new CV saved. Alternatively, you can advise your recruiter of any changes you need to submit.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example which location users access our site from most frequently and which pages users visit the most. We only use this data in the aggregate form. This information helps us create a better overall user experience before the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Access and removal of data
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information that we hold about you although we may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
Where we are legally obliged to do so we may refuse your request. If this is the case we will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to ask Blackrock Search Ltd to stop using and remove your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
If you would like to make a request for information deletion, please contact email@example.com
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Blackrock Search Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis and is not retained.
If you have any specific enquires you can contact us at:
or by writing to us at:
For the attention of the Company Privacy Officer
Blackrock Search Ltd
Stone Court Lane
Whose Registered Office is;
The Old Boardroom